This Code of Practice affirms RECEO Solutions commitment to providing the company’s clients with quality training services, meeting the client’s needs and in compliance with the client’s safety management obligations. This Code of Practice adheres to the following ethical principles of:
- Integrity and
- Fairness and equity
Qualifications on Scope
- PUA20713 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- PUA30713 Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- RII30709 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
RECEO Solutions supports the principle of honest and fair dealing. RECEO will, at all times, do the utmost to ensure that clients and staff alike are fully and accurately informed to permit them to make decisions in their best interests regarding their future relations with our organisation. This will, however, exclude information that might be considered commercially sensitive or personally confidential.
Rules and principles associated with fees, withdrawals and refunds are set out in appropriate product sheets and associated documentation, copies of which are available to all potential clients on request at any time. Details of refund arrangements are provided at Clause 7 of this Code. RECEO reserves the right to consider exemption of fees and withdrawal conditions for specific individuals without creating a general precedent (e.g., in the case of disadvantaged clients).
Access and Equity
RECEO Solutions (RECEO) values diversity and is committed to creating a working environment that applies fair and equitable employment practices. Some definitions associated include:
- Bullying – the repeated, unreasonable or inappropriate behaviour directed towards an employee, or group of employees, that creates a risk to health and safety. Bullying can be persistent and occur over a period of time and includes public humiliation, verbal abuse, the use of inappropriate language or spreading malicious rumours or gossip. Reasonable performance management is not an example of bullying.
- Discrimination – where a person or a group of people are treated less favourably than another person or group of people in the same or similar circumstances because of a prohibited ground or attribute. Discrimination can be either direct or indirect.
- Harassment– any unwelcome and unacceptable action concerning a prohibited ground or attribute, offensive comment, advance or request directed at a person or group of people where such behaviour offends, humiliates or intimidates the recipient(s).
- Prohibited ground or attribute – includes gender, sexual orientation, age, race or cultural background, religion, political opinions, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy or potential pregnancy, breastfeeding, disabilities or medical history, criminal history or industrial activity or membership of an industrial association.
- Sexual harassment– an unwelcome sexual advance, request for sexual favours or conduct of a sexual nature where a reasonable person in the circumstances would have anticipated that the person harassed would be offended, humiliated or intimidated. It does not include mutual or consensual attraction or friendships.
- Victimisation – when a person subjects or threatens to subject another to a detriment because the other person has made, or intends to make, a complaint in the workplace or to an external third party.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – RECEO is committed to developing a diverse workforce and will not discriminate against any person because of a prohibited ground or attribute. RECEO will ensure that job selection and career progression is determined by personal merit, competency and qualifications.
Provision and Delivery of Training and Assessment Services
The principles of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) will be adhered to in relation to competency-based courses. RECEO sets its standards to industry “best practice” requirements. In both competency and non-competency based courses, training and assessment standards are set to ensure that successful clients are highly competitive with those of other training institutions. A Code of Practice, as well as implemented Policies and Procedures are in place to ensure management practices maintain a professional standard in the delivery of training and assessment. These services are in place to safeguard the interests and welfare of all candidates and clients.
RECEO Solutions endeavours to ensure that the materials for provision, assessment and issuance of qualifications meet the benchmarks of relevant endorsed units of competency within a Training Package.
RECEO is committed to ensuring the continuous improvement of its training and assessment systems. After each training course the candidates will fill out two Evaluation Forms, one developed by RECEO for which the candidate can judge the trainers performance, the training materials/ resources, and course relevance. The second is an AQTF Student Evaluation form in which results are then reported to the National Quality Council (NQC), ensuring we meet strict requirements for maintaining our registration as a training organisation.
Feedback on clients’ progress is essential to the development of clients. RECEO trainers and assessors are committed to providing honest feedback in a constructive, consistent and timely manner.
RECEO Solutions is mindful of maximising the progress of each individual client and adopts a positive attitude to tailoring flexible training solutions for individual clients.
Special considerations will be given to any individual who may need assistance because of certain adverse and unforeseen circumstance on their progression and performance during the course. However at times it is not possible for special consideration to be given to compensate for every consequence of misadventure, illness or lack of attendance and participation during the course. All assessment shall be conducted with due consideration to the cultural constraints and obligations of students in order to support their capacity to successfully complete the assessment.
RECEO does not collect fees in advance. An order number must accompany the registration form or arrangements made with the RECEO Operations Manager prior to commencement of the course to deliver a purchase order within 10 working days of course start date.
Arrangements can be made with PWR Operations if a course is required within the 10 working day window to reduce the purchase order issue time.
|Reason for Refund||Notification Period||Cancellation Charge|
|RECEO Cancels||At any stage prior to commencement||No Charge|
|Clients withdraw or cancel training||More than 10 working days before course commences||No Charge|
|Clients withdraw or cancel training||Within 10 and 3 working days prior to the course commencing||Charge 50% of course value|
|Clients withdraw or cancel training||Within 3 working days prior to course commencing||Charge 100% of course value|
|Clients withdraw or cancel training||After the course commences or fails to attend||Charge 100% of course value|
Complaints, Grievance and Appeals
The principles of the AQTF are adhered to in relation to attending to complaints, grievances and appeals. Specific documented procedures are followed to ensure rapid resolution and minimum disruption to the client’s learning process or award of recognition in their competency. RECEO recognises the right of students to see a review of, and to appeal against, their final result, or any other component of the total assessment in a unit.
Students who have a concern about their overall result in a unit should first raise the concern with the Trainer and Assessor. The work should be re-examined and the student informed of the reason for the relevant decision. Should the student still believe the overall result in the unit or the mark in a component piece is inappropriate they may submit a formal appeal of result to the RECEO Training Manager.
An appeal against an overall result must be submitted to the RECEO training manager within 21 working days of the formal notification of results. The RECEO training manager will review the assessment and inform you of the outcome in writing within 14 days of receipt of the written appeal.
Assessment and Issuance of Qualifications
RECEO Solutions requires clients to undergo a formal assessment process prior to receiving any qualifications issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Qualified RECEO Assessors follow the criteria for assessment included in the assessment tools. These tools have been developed in line with the units of competency and performance criteria of the Training Packages or enterprise standards.
Clients receive a briefing on the process and are given the opportunity, within available resources, to choose the time of assessment. A copy of the assessment tool which will be used for the assessment may be provided to clients during any briefing session.
A process is in place to enable clients to apply for recognition of competencies they already possess, when requesting training courses with RECEO. Applicants may have the right to appeal against an assessment decision in accordance with Clause 8 of this Code of Practice. Clients may have access to their records and can receive a paper copy, on written application.
Certification on Completion or Partial Completion of the Course
Certificates of Competency or Statements of Attainment will be issued as follows:
- Statement of Attainment for successful completion of a unit or units, or
- Certificate of Competency, where a client successfully completes the core/ common units and the minimum elective units to satisfy an AQF level certificate, according to the Qualification Framework from the applicable Training Package.
Reissue of Certificates or Statement of Attainments
RECEO will reissue a student’s Statement of Attainment with Transcript and/ or wallet card upon request of the candidate themselves or client/ employer. RECEO’s records must verify that the candidate has, or, candidates have been assessed and deemed competent in the relevant unit/ s of competency that was previously issued with the Qualification or Statement of Attainment. Such a reissue would incur a fee of $50 plus GST for a Statement of Attainment with Transcript and $25 plus GST for a wallet card.
Recognition of Prior Learning
This RECEO process has been developed to recognise the required skills and knowledge of individuals developed through past education, training, work/ industry roles, and life experiences. Successful achievement of recognition will result in the attainment of a Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment or Qualification.
Individuals must be currently employed, or operating within context and scope of applications, criteria, skills, and knowledge identified, and published within each unit of competency.
Rights and Responsibilities
Clients, staff and contractors at RECEO Solutions have a right to work and study in an environment free from harassment, discrimination or threatening behaviour. This right is accompanied by everyone’s responsibility to:
- respect the rights of others
- respect difference and diversity
- respect people’s rights to privacy and confidentiality
Violence, intimidation and harassment are not consistent with a safe and supportive learning environment and will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behaviour and its consequences are defined within RECEO policies and procedures.
RECEO is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for staff, students and visitors. This means that staff, students and visitors have a responsibility to conform to the policies implemented by the Training Provider. All staff/contractors are aware of these policies, and will be discussed with students during orientation, as appropriate.
Clients have a responsibility to:
- Observe Occupational, Health, Safety and Welfare requirements; and
- ensure they or their employees are not, by use of alcohol or drugs, in a state which may endanger their own or others’ safety.
Notwithstanding any of the above, neither RECEO nor its Trainer/Assessors are liable in any way for the health and safety of clients in the client’s own place of work.
RECEO maintains current and adequate cover with a $20 million public liability policy, as well as professional indemnity insurance.
Marketing and Social Media
RECEO Solutions is committed to accurately representing products and services that lead to AQF Qualifications or Statements of Attainment for prospective candidates/ clients. RECEO will ensure that it maintains ethical marketing, promotion and advertising practices of all training and assessment products and services and ensure they will advertise AQF Qualifications.
RECEO has a privacy statement in order to demonstrate commitment to privacy. The Privacy Statement within the policies and procedures indicates the disclosure of information gathering and dissemination practices that may arise for the company website and dealings with clients in general, in accordance with current administrative practices. Where the RECEO web site may contain links to other sites RECEO is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other such Web sites.